Friday, September 13, 2013

Crochet Happy Hippo and The African Flower Square

Very pleased to finish to my latest crochet project!

You too can make this, it's a $ pattern that can be found here at Heidi Bears site.


The pattern is a 35 page pdf file, it's that many pages because she explains in thorough detail how to make happy, beautiful pictured instructions, graphs and written terms, she has not forgotten a thing!
I thoroughly recommend this pattern to any one who wants to give it a go, I personally can't wait to try her horse and bear :)
Happy was made as a companion for the African Flower Square throw I was asked to make for a family member.
The pattern for the  African Flower Square is a free on line pattern found here.

There was lots of ends to sew in, but I cut this down slightly by making some squares with just the out line of the flower, these can be seen in the photo above, from corner to center to corner.
I wonder who wants one for a Christmas present?
The pattern is repetitive so you soon learn it quickly, more crochet and less reading :)
Hope you enjoyed this post fellow crafters.