Saturday, June 12, 2010

Crochet Butterfly Hat's and Mitt's

I really like this trio set I made this week, I just discovered the butterfly mitt pattern that works up very well, I made some minor alterations because I was using thinner yarn.

A close up of the butterfly effect.

I've always believed any pattern can be used in a hat, so here is the butterfly effect in a hat too.
I sewed some small crystal beads onto the top of the butterfly for a minute touch of bling and class.

The hat is constructed of simple dc, beginning with 12 dc, increasing to 24, 36, 48 to 60, work a couple of rows straight then place the butterfly in a spot that suits you. I changed to hdc on the last row where I picked up the wings in the center part, giving the edge of the hat a little bit of firmness.

*UPDATE* UPDATE* ON THIS POST*

Seems I am not so original after all.
After surfing the net I came across a butterfly hat for a child. DOH!